|Related:||Horace Horsecollar, Ortensia, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, Mickey Mouse|
|Enemies||The Shadow Blot, the fake Shadow Blot and others...|
Clarabelle Cow is one of the inhabitants in the Cartoon Wasteland. She appears in black and white like many other residents, including her love interest, Horace Horsecollar. In the game, she is a gardener and good friends with Oswald and Ortensia.
She is voiced by April Winchell.
Disney shorts referenced by her
- Mickey's Mellerdrammer
- Mickey's Polo Team
- Orphan's Benefit (the original AND the remake)
Epic Mickey: Tales of Wasteland
"You won't find a sweeter, gentler soul in the whole of Wasteland than Clarabelle. Once upon a time, she was a bright star in the Disney firmament. Yet now she is simply another neglected character who is remembered - if recalled at all - as one of Mickey's supporting players.
Yet unlike Oswald, who continues to stew over his forgotten glory days, Clarabelle had accepted her enforced retirement gracefully. She's perfectly happy, tending her garden in OsTown and engaging in the occasional flirtation with old pal Horace Horsecollar." '( Clarabelle 's "Tales of Wasteland" profile )Clarabelle is a character in the Epic Mickey: Tales of Wasteland (digi)comics. These comics are a prequel to Epic Mickey and take place before the Thinner Disaster. She makes a cameo in the beginning of "Clock Tower Cleaners" but has a somewhat larger role in "The Rubbish Cup". She seems to be good friends with Horace and Ortensia.
In Epic Mickey
When Mickey first arrives in OsTown, Mickey needs to find Oswald. He soon meets Clarabelle Cow, where she is tending to her garden. Mickey asks Clarabelle; where Oswald is.
She is very surprised about seeing Mickey. She references some of the cartoons she made appearances in as a star. Saddened at Mickey not recognizing her at first, Clarabelle informs Mickey that Oswald is at Mickeyjunk Mountain. She tells you that to lower the bridge blocking the Projector Screen to Mickeyjunk Mountain, that you'll have to find Gremlin Prescott as he has been missing for a while. She also gives you a task titled Noisy Safe to see about that safe. To unlock the safe, simply talk to Pirate Moody (who is standing below the safe); and he will tell you the combination, if you paint in his house. If you did paint in his house, he will give you the combination and you will be able to open the safe without dropping it on Moody freeing Gremlin Prescott and Clarabelle's task will be completed.
Clarabelle eventually requests Mickey to help her with baking a present for Horace Horsecollar. If Mickey is able to get her some ice cream, she'll make an Ice Cream Cake, and if not, she will give you a pie to deliver to Horace instead, though she'd prefer to do something other then that for Horace's birthday.
Clarabelle is seen at the finale at the end of the game celebrating at Mean Street, cheering with all the other citzens there with the now-restored Cartoon Wasteland.
In Epic Mickey 2: Power of Two
Clarabelle reappears in Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two. Mickey can do various quests and deeds for her, including restoring her garden, as it was thinned out by the damages of the quake. In the second game, she has pet Spatters, which you buy and retrieve flower clothing for each. She can also be Horace's Assistant should you follow the right path.
- Giving Horace Horsecollar the Ice Cream cake not only earns you the Mean Street Romance pin, but you'll also get the Happy Birthday pin by talking to Clarabelle after completing the delivery.
- After completing the "Gather the Flowers" quest, three pins appear inside her house. These are the Mickey Mum, Sparkle Daisy and Swamp Iris pins.
- "Are you looking for Oswald? It could be dangerous."
- "Do be careful, Mickey!"
- "I usually bake Horace a pie, but I'm starting to wonder if he likes them."
- "Could you deliver this cake to Horace?"
- Clarabelle will tell you that her garden 'is not a Spatter' if you thin it out. However, she only says this once.
- Clarabelle was on "House of Mouse" and Disney Jr.'s "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse", as well as appearing in Kingdom Hearts II (albeit via a monochrome flashback). She was also featured in the film Mickey Mouse's The Three Musketeers, so she isn't entirely forgotten. It is possible that her colored version is still in the real world, while her forgotten monochrome incarnation resides in Wasteland although it wouldn't explain why Mickey recognizes Pete but not her and Horace. But Horace does say "once you end up in Wasteland, everyone forgets ya'" in the novel, but that still wouldn't explain it. Clarabelle was also in Disney's Toontown Online, running Clarabelle's Cattlelog, where you could buy items for your toon character.
- It may that since she is somewhat recognizable but still not as popular as the likes of Minnie or Daisy, the creators decided to feature her past self as a character in Wasteland. Clarabelle's modern self is presumed to exist in the Toon World.
- While Wasteland Clarabelle is featured as Horace's love interest, other Disney material has featured her as Goofy's girlfriend.