They can buy them at the Hat Shop or find them in Treasure Chests.
There are separate costumes for both Mickey and Oswald. Each costume is in 3 pieces and all 3 must be obtained before they can be worn.
In Epic Mickey 2 there are, in all consoles, 11 costumes total, meaning both Oswald and Mickey will each have 5 costumes each.
|Knight||Game Original, but based on the Oswald cartoon, Oh, What A Knight||
|Mad Doctor||Game Original, but based on 'The Mad Doctor'||
|Gremlin||Game Original, but based on a generic blue Gremlin's outfit.||
|TRON||Game Original, but based on the movie and game 'TRON'||
|Track Suit||Game Original||
|Sorcerer's Apprentice||From The Sorcerer's Apprentice segment from Fantasia and Fantasia 2000||
|Firefighter||Based on Mickey's cartoon, Mickey's Fire Brigade||
|Brave Little Tailor||Based on Mickey's cartoon of the same name||
|Steamboat Willie||Based on Mickey's cartoon of the same name||
|Construction Worker||Based on Building a Building, but in color||
These can not be equipped but can be obtained for a quest. They are the outfits from the different areas in the first game.
- Top Hat
- Asia Boat Ride
- Africa Boat Ride
In the The Mad Doctor's Attic, when Mickey thins out the walls on corners, various unknown costumes appear and look as if they could fit Big Bad Pete, or a large sized-character. The costumes are actually Pete's old outfits from various cartoons.
- It is advised to NOT wear the Brave Little Tailor Costume while working on Scrap Metal-related task such as fixing broken buildings, as the costume converts salvaged metal into cloth.
- The Wizard Hat is the first costume piece you get.
- Mickey's ears are realigned while wearing Brave Little Tailor, Construction, and Sorcerer costume. For the Football and Firefighter costume, the ears poke through the headgear.
- All of Mickey's costumes are based off his original cartoons while Oswald's are based off of other Disney Literature and one of his own cartoons (Oh What a Knight).
- The costumes are helpful depending on which one you're wearing like for example, if you need lots of scrap metal, the construction outfit is the right match.
- If you've bought a costume piece before finding it in a chest, you will get some pins instead.
- The Sorcerer's Apprentice Costume is unavailable on the Wii version of the game. Instead, there is a special feature after the game has been beaten.