The Lost Characters, however, are immune to his Paint and Thinner. They can be destroyed by an Anvil Sketch or by using the Spin move, but they'll respawn shortly afterwards. When a Bloticle is destroyed inside the Blot, the Lost Characters in the area melt away to nothing. Gus hopes that they have been freed from the Blot's influence, 'somehow'.
Some Lost Characters resemble various cartoon characters, including some of the versions of Pete, but are completely composed in a blot-like form. According to the stategy guide, there will be less Lost Characters to encounter if you redeemed each version of Pete.
It is possible that the lost characters are restored to their natural forms, after the Blot is defeated and Wasteland is restored to its former beauty, though nothing is ever confirmed.
- Various Gremlins (If you did not free some or any of them).
- Rigger Greene (If you did not free him in Pirate Voyage).
- Sprite (If she was not freed in the battle with Captain Hook).
- The Petes (Small Pete, Pete Pan, and Petetronic) if they are handeled the Thinner Path
- Colonel Pete
- Redeemed Blotlings
- Miscellanous characters like Black Pete, Putrid Pete and others from projector screen levels.
- Cut Characters like the Phantom Blot or Gremlin Barry
- Other toons.
In the graphic novel, the Lost Characters appear inside the Shadow Blot, just like in the game. However, they seem to have the same traits as stereotypical zombies, moaning "Braaaaainnns" when chasing Mickey. When Mickey reunites with Oswald and Gus, he exclaims that they haven't been turned into Lost Characters (or as he put it, "zombified."). Oswald explains that you have to be hit with Thinner first, and since he and Gus were simply pulled in, they weren't transformed.
- Even though Ortensia lost her paint to the Blot, she doesn't appear as a lost character, this is most likely because Oswald managed to save her body so she was not completely "consumed".
- Quite a few of the possible characters can be seen in their natural forms in some of the Projector Screen worlds.
- In the graphic novel, a duck resembling Daisy can be seen.
- In the spanish version of the game,after destroying a Blotcicle inside the Blot,Gus states the Lost Characters have returned to their normal lives,instead of not knowing what happened to them.